View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 08:07 PM   #10
Dan & Corinne
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn218
I have seen about 5 different vets in our area before I settled on the one we have now. I am a very anal/picky person, espcecially when it comes to the care of one of my kids (skin/fur). Too, sometimes it isn't what they do or charge, but that guy feeling you get about someone. I have turned around and walked out on one vet because I just honestly felt that he didn't care about my pet or my family at all, it was just another day at work for him and just another day of money. Another vet, would constantly ask about breeding Mojo, having friends that would be interested, etc.....that got on my nerves, and luckily, my numbers were never given out to her friends - I think if I had gotten a call, I would have be very upset! - That's just not right to give out private numbers....and Mojo's health seemed to be second to figuring out if we were going to breed him.

BUT, I have made myself not read into all the stories so much because I found half of them not the case (in my case) and I got all worked up for nothing. Now, I just read a story, casually ask my vet to check or if it needs to be checked and not freak out about it! (if that makes sense). I guess, before, I would hear about something, and Mojo would be having the same symptoms and I would go to the vet all paranoid about this major thing and it turns out it was nothing and I got so worked up and stressed over it. I guess, in the end, it is better to be safe than sorry...and luckily, my vet doesn't mind!
I'm pretty paranoid too and take Jazzie in for the smallest thing. But you never know especially since they can't tell you what's wrong.

It would be great if they can say "sorry mom, I ate a _____ I found on the floor and it made me throw-up" or "my tummy really hurts" or "I just realizied I can pretend limp!"

But since they can't - off to the vet we go!
Dan & Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!