Thread: Need some HELP!
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 06:43 PM   #19
Bama Yorkie Mom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatumsMom
I'm sure all areas have different prices. Our class was sponsored through our town's Community Education program. This was just a trainer that offered to do the class for the program. I think it cost $60 for the 6 weeks. There's no way without a personal trainer working one-on-one with you and your dog that you can teach the dog everything you want to. What you're going to learn though in a group setting is the tricks of HOW to train your dog yourself. Like I said, I learned a lot from her and if I took the time, I know Tatum could learn a lot more also. In fact, this weekend I taught Tatum how to catch a little frisbie (one of those soft doggy ones) with just about 15 minutes worth of repetition. Usually our Aust. Shepherd is in the yard too and if you throw it she always wants to chase it but she was away working cattle with my husband so I got some one-on-one time with Tatum. Giving a treat every single time she made an attempt to catch it worked wonders! Basically, the trick is just for you to learn how to train them.
I know we can't teach them everything. But I feel good for what I have taught Kizzy already. shes never gone to any training except me and her here at home. She doesnt come everytime she is called as I wish she would. but she seems to know most everything I say to her. I've taught her to sit, stand, lay down, roll over, play dead, lay down and cry, no, stop, aank, walk on a leash, catch a toy, give her ice and tell her to keep it on the rug in front of the fridge and she does, ring bells to go out also speak to go out. outside tee tee,give me 5. She can start playing too rough with kacee, i say kizzy dont hurt her she is just a baby, and she will most of the time even give the toy to Kacee they were fighting over altho she will try to take it again later but not as rough. I can tell her to get out of my computer room or get back in here and she does. So I feel very proud of her because its not that i'm smart on training, its because she is so smart on learning. She to me is very smart. She also knows what 2 chairs in my living room she can lay on and not on the others. She was 6 months old August 3rd. So yes, I think she is smarter than most of the average dogs that I know , unless they have had a trainer. All the things she does I simply tell her to do. I just talk to her, no hand commands.

Last edited by Bama Yorkie Mom; 08-08-2006 at 06:48 PM.
Bama Yorkie Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!