View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 03:30 PM   #2
Tiger's Mom
Donating YT 8000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathychang
I'm planning on having my little 7 mos yorkie neutered. Just as with any surgery, I'm worried about sending the little guy. Can anyone provide a list of questions I should be asking the vet to make sure I covered everything?

Also I spoke to two vets and they do a few things differently from each other:
1) One vet indicated that pain meds are not necessary to take home since they usually heal very quickly and experience no pain. Is that true?
2) I also spoke with another vet and the office people told me that lab work usually are not necessary for dogs under 1 year old because they are relatively healthy. Is that true as well?
3) what type of stitching is better? internal or external?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. I'm not looking forward to his surgery day

Kathy
My Tiger just got neutered a few weeks ago at almost 10 months old. He came home with pain meds. I requested the blood work for my peace of mind. I did not have a choice in the stitches - he had internal.

It can be frightening for our furbabies as they go "under" . . we are sending good thoughts your way! Don't worry, he's be back to his usual self in no time. . .
Tiger's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!