Thread: Need some HELP!
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 12:54 PM   #13
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I'm sure all areas have different prices. Our class was sponsored through our town's Community Education program. This was just a trainer that offered to do the class for the program. I think it cost $60 for the 6 weeks. There's no way without a personal trainer working one-on-one with you and your dog that you can teach the dog everything you want to. What you're going to learn though in a group setting is the tricks of HOW to train your dog yourself. Like I said, I learned a lot from her and if I took the time, I know Tatum could learn a lot more also. In fact, this weekend I taught Tatum how to catch a little frisbie (one of those soft doggy ones) with just about 15 minutes worth of repetition. Usually our Aust. Shepherd is in the yard too and if you throw it she always wants to chase it but she was away working cattle with my husband so I got some one-on-one time with Tatum. Giving a treat every single time she made an attempt to catch it worked wonders! Basically, the trick is just for you to learn how to train them.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!