Thread: Need some HELP!
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 11:39 AM   #6
Bama Yorkie Mom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieLou
okay well Gracie is 4 months and i love her so much but there is one thing that needs to change now! her not coming when called!!! i just spent 45 mins trying to make her come in side trying everythinggg!!! she is only loose when ever im going outside for something real quick or if she runs out when we walk out to do something! i dont want to have to alwaysss keep her on her leash i like her to be able to run freely but if she wont come back in when its time it just wont work! im getting so frustrated b/c lately this has been happenening everytime ! Reallly really need some help with this so any advice is much needed!!!! Thanks!!!
a dog trainer thingy I got says you have to teach them to come to you no matter what their interested in and be consistent. By getting some of your favorite treats and start with them coming up to a couple of feet of you and give them a treat, then make them come up to you and as soon as they do give them a treat. then let them get a little further away and interested in something and then call them and it says yu need to do this for 10-15 min a day working up till they come no matter when you call them, by being consistant everyday. I have to admit, I started trying it and Kizzy was doing real well then we got the yard fenced but before if I let her run free and she wouldnt come all I had to do so far is get on my golf cart and just take off and then i have to stop as she flew back up to ride the golf cart. I stop and she jumps on and and I go ahead and ride her for a round or two between the house and the lake, (which isnt far) then I pick her little but up and bring her inside. She will not jump from the golf cart usually when I stop because she wants to ride some more. So I love my golf cart now more than ever.

Last edited by Bama Yorkie Mom; 08-08-2006 at 11:42 AM.
Bama Yorkie Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!