View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 05:01 PM   #10
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Yorkie Mom
Kacee is 9 weeks old and she had coccidia. The dr gave me the medicine for it and she took the last one Friday. Today she had a little diarreah and the 2nd time it had blood in it. Then the 3rd time she just passed a few drops of blood. Could this mean she still had coccidia or maybe thats the end of it and now its all cleaned out? Kizzy had coccidia and she had to take 2 rounds of medicine for 5 days before she got over hers. This was Kacees 1st round of medicine. They both had the same kind of medicine, but I never saw blood in Kizzys stool but she could of had some a time or two since she pottys outside. Kacee is being trained to go out too but this time it happend in the house is why I saw it. Has anyones puppy ever done this before that had coccidia or had the treatment? She hasnt done it but 3 times and the first time no blood, and not really bad diarreah, but pretty loose and all three times was one behind the other in a matter of about 10 minutes. So far no more. If she does do it a few more times today I will call the vet. I was hoping someone here may have seen this happen before and know if its anything serious or not. I need answers asap.
I can't help you but, I do hope nothing is seriously wrong..I would call your vet...What exactly is coccidia and how do they get this?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!