View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #1
AngeliFlad
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default need your opinion, please!! So confused!

Okay, we adopted a Chihuahua from my fiance's sister a couple of months ago. He is about three years old. I've kept asking her for a record of his vaccinations but she is so unreliable, there is just no point. GRRRRR... basically that means that I have no clue how updated he is on his shots. She brought him all the way from Mexico when he was a couple of month old so I can only assume that he had all his puppy shots

So here are my options from the vet:
I can just get all vaccines done at once and with the office visit it will be around $100-$120. Or I can have the titer blood sample taken to see how updated he is on the shots. That would be $50 for the visit+ $70 for the titer test. Then when that come back additional $ for whatever vaccine he needs.
What would you guys do, just have him vaccinated or pay additional cash for the titer?

Also, I don't think he was on any hearworm medication so when we got him I just started giving him heartguard like I did with my Yorkie without having the test done not knowing that it could be dangerous...thankfully he didn't have any reaction...should I get it done now? My Yorkie is on hearworm all year around but they are asking to have a heartworm test done for him as well, is it really neccessary?

Sorry, I realize this became quite long. Thanks you guys!!!
Anita

Last edited by AngeliFlad; 08-07-2006 at 03:23 PM.
AngeliFlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!