View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 01:21 PM   #1
Gizmolitis
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question How old for Rabies Shot?

Hello All-

This is my first post and I need some suggestions. I have a yorkie (my first yorkie) who will be a year old on the 11th of August . I've had him since he was 2 & 1/2 months old. I bought him from a puppy shop in November (which I knew I shouldn't have), but I fell in Love with them and this was the only option available with my budget. Before I decided to buy a Yorkie I did about three months of reaserch and I found this website; which I absolutely LOVE . When I got Gizmo they said he had all his shots including Rabies shot. I took him to the vet that same weekend and I found out he had an ear infection which is all better now. I recently took him to Petsmart for a trim and they said that the Rabies shot record was not real, but his vet didn't tell me other wise. The groomer said they have to be six months old in order to get his Rabies shot and when I got him he was only 2 & 1/2 months. He has all his other shots and I am confused on what to do about this situation. Do I take him to get another ? Was the vet supposed to catch on to this? He has been to the Vet twice. First time for his puppy shots and that’s when we found out about his ear infection. The second was for a follow-up. How old do they have to be for there Rabies shot? Thanks for reading
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!