View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 11:45 AM   #26
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeandj
My husband and I were up early this morning for some reason and heard scratching noises. We looked out the window to find 2 huge coyotes in our back yard sneaking up on our ducks. My husband ran out there like an idiot man would and scared them off, they jumped our fence like it was nothing. And boy are they fast! I'm done living in the country! All of our chickens have been taken away by hawks and now our ducks will be gone soon if those coyotes come back. I hate that our farm animals are attracting wild animals. I worry about my dogs.
You have reason to worry about them, too. I have a neighbor who ran out the front door, instead of into their fenced back yard, with a sick yorkie one night when it was pretty cold. She sat him down and then ran back into the house real quick for a sweater and came back and he was gone! The coyotes are not afraid of people as they once were. We were mowing late one night and I was on the riding mower in the back yard with the lights on and I saw a coyote. I decided to run him off and took off after him on the riding mower (yes, I know) and he didn't run until I was right up to him! So, do be careful. My yorkie is never outside the fenced yard unless she is on a leash anyway. Too many cars fly by here, not to mention the animals. And I don't even let her out in the fenced yard at night. At night or in bad weather, she goes on pads in the garage. I'm very protective of her and I was of Muffin, too. Yorkies are different than a lot of little dogs. They don't back down, either. They will charge anything!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!