View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 11:01 AM   #10
bosslady
Senior Yorkie Talker

I take Jasmine everywhere. She is 5 lbs and has a bag and no one ever knows I have her if she is in the bag. We took her with us this summer when we went out of town to ball tournaments. We stayed in the Holiday Inns because they are pet friendly. As we walked around in the motels and at the tournaments everyone stopped and oohed and aahed over her. She is such a people lover. She loves everyone. She does this little thing where she walks on her back feet and rubs her front feet together like she is begging them to pet her. It is so cute. She can walk on her back feet forever.

I went to Walmart and found her a kennel that is made of nylon and mesh and it folds into a flat approx 12 inch by 12 inch square and pops up into a nice size little kennel. It is so handy for traveling as the regular kennels take up so much room and if you have very many people and luggage they won't fit.
I have taken Jas into Walmarts, Claires, several malls, Lowe's (Lowes here must be pretty pet friendly. I took her out of her purse and they just loved her) Silver Dollar City in Branson Missouri. After I got to Siver Dollar City I saw signs that said " no pets". I had been there before many times but not for a while. Pets were allowed when I was there before. I kept her in her purse all day except for a few times when I would sit in a quiet place and let her out for a while. I saw a security guard once when she was out and he didn't say a word. Just smiled and walked on by. He saw me putting her back in her purse and knew she wasn't going to bother anyone in there.

Most of the ball parks that we went to in other states and other cities in our state allowed pets on leashes. One lady told me the one in Topeka, Ks did not.

We had to check out of our motel at noon one day and our granddaughter did not play her last ball game until late that evening. We had not eaten in hours so on the way home we stopped at the Cracker Barrel and I took Jas inside and we ate. I do not normally do that. It is the first time, but it was 100 degrees outside and I couldn't leave her in the car. I carried her in and set the purse down on the floor beside my chair. She never let out a peep and I don't feel I contaminated anything as she was completely contained and zipped up and I kept her on the floor. It is not something I would usually do we were just in a bind.

She is always so good and well behaved when I take her places and when she is in her bag she is very quiet almost as if she knows.
bosslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!