View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 06:42 PM   #10
val
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi, my Nelly was doing the same thing almost a week ago, I posted in the sick and injured but only got one reply though and did not know what was going on with her. She was having a dry hacking cough like something was in her throat. She threw up and I thought she was getting better but then she just started lying around the house and not eating or drinking. The only way I could feed her was through a medicine dropper, finally after a day of this I took her to the vet to my surprise some of the grass that she was eating had points on it, I think they call them tumble weeds and they lodged in her throat. They had to sedate her and pull them out. She still is not 100% better but she is slowly picking up and eating again. She still has a little thrushing at the throat but I think the grass really irritated her throat. It is very scary and I will be keeping a close eye on her outside from now on. I do not even have grass this is what is blowing into my backyard so I am checking everyday now so that this never happens again. I hope she makes a full recovery and is back to herself soon and I hope the same for your little one.
val is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!