Thread: Please help!!
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 06:14 PM   #11
RowdysMom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWa
I think one reason I have had such good success with my dogs is that since they were pups - I have always encouraged and let them spend time alone doing things by themselves....Carol Jean
I just realized that I have done the same thing too! This won't help the barking problem tomorrow when you go to school - but...... I too, have "encouraged" my boys to be alone and entertain themselves. My husband is disabled and he sleeps late, whereas I get up early and go to work. Ever since I got Rowdy (over a year ago), when I get up, I fed him and put him in the den, shutting the door so he was confined to the den (there's a doggie door to the back yard for pottying) where he stayed alone till Dad got up. So, from the day we got him, he spent time alone every morning. I did the same with Rexy, but of course, Rowdy was there with him. Anyway, it has worked for us. Now, whenever we leave to go out to run errands, etc., we put the boys in the den and shut the door so they can't roam the rest of the house, and they are absolutely fine with it. They never fuss - I guess they know we will come back.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!