View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 09:05 AM   #9
Baby Blessing
Our Blessings R Many
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeandj
My husband and I were up early this morning for some reason and heard scratching noises. We looked out the window to find 2 huge coyotes in our back yard sneaking up on our ducks. My husband ran out there like an idiot man would and scared them off, they jumped our fence like it was nothing. And boy are they fast! I'm done living in the country! All of our chickens have been taken away by hawks and now our ducks will be gone soon if those coyotes come back. I hate that our farm animals are attracting wild animals. I worry about my dogs.
Hi Jodi,
Don't let the cyotes keep you from enjoying country life. We have lived here in the mountains for many years and we have had them, also Bob Cats, once a Mountain Lion. Will also mention the snakes getting our eggs, we never let our yorkie out in the yards mainly because of the wild rabbit doo doo on our lawns, but our Dobies loved the outdoors, we always brought them in at dusk and kept them in till day light every day. We built a chicken house for ours and it had all sides and top with chain link fence, stronger and lasts forever, of course we still had to share our eggs now and again with the snakes. We also had geese, they are great honkers and will scare away the cyotes, snakes. Our Dobermans we would always bring them in at night on our enclosed patio. I have seen cyotes in our yard during the night, once three of them getting apricots off our tree and watched them chase a Bob Cat out, they can scale a six foot chain link fence in a jiffy. They are probably thirsty and hungry, in Calif. it has been so dry so they are coming into residential areas for what they can find. The squirrels have been stripping our fruit trees I love country living for so many reasons and it can be enjoyable even with all the wild life just have to learn precautions. I would never leave a yorkie outside unattended for a minute or any small dog. Cyotes are real sneaky animals. I have seen them lay in watch.
Baby Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!