View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 08:32 AM   #5
Sadie's Mom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrap

3. She is a VERY friendly dog and since most people think she is "oh so cute" a lot of people pet her while we are on our walks. Because of this she thinks EVERY single person we pass or see is supposed to pet her. So when we walk by someone she starts trying to run up to them and jump on them and gets very hyper. She also does this when we pass other dogs because she wants to play. I know not every dog is friendly and not every person likes dogs. Should I break her of this habit?
I have this same problem. I live in an area that has a lot of people who are of a certain culture that is scared of dogs. Imagine being scared of my little 6lb. baby! ha! I never let her run up to people who do not appear to want to touch her, but they will go out of their way (like WAY off of the sidewalk) to avoid us.

I actually had a GROWN WOMAN scream once because she thought Sadie was going to get near her. Keep in mind that I said I NEVER let her near people that do not want to be approached. Anyway, this woman screamed & looked all terrified & ran away. I smiled & said, "She won't hurt you" and kept walking. Sadie just loves people and in no way looks menacing...tongue hanging out, smiling even. Poor baby doesn't understand why everyone doesn't like her!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!