View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 06:30 AM   #1
Oscar's Mummy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Unhappy Me again, new problem

When I took Ruthie out of her pen this morning, she wouldn't open her right eye. She had a lot of 'sleep' around her eye and I wiped it with a wet, warm cloth, but she's still wanting to keep it closed. When I checked her eye it looks a little redder than her other eye and the eyelid appears to be swollen. There's a small amount of discharge (slightly yellow) coming from that eye. I think it's safe to say that she's got an eye infection in that eye, but being that it's sunday, our vet is closed. Is there anything I can do to help the infection until I can get to a vet (I'm hoping it will be open tomorrow - it's a civic holiday though). All she has done is sleep since I got up this morning (about 2 hours ago) - is that just because of the infection - because her body is trying to fight it? Also, she did have a runny poop during the night - do you think this is related? I haven't tried to feed her anything yet - just letting her rest. I did give her Nutrical and Pedialyte though.

Any advice would be much appreciated. What would have caused the infection? I gave her a bath yesterday around 4pm and I wondered if maybe I had gotten soap in her eye... I'm very careful about that, but maybe? If that was the case though, I would have thought that it would have started bothering her sooner, if not immediately. Maybe she was playing too rough with Oscar and she got scratched?

BAH! I don't know! Help please!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!