View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 06:04 AM   #5
YorkieGuru
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I think the problem is that people are uneducated about this problem. I, for one, had no idea til joining forums like these. I actually learned about it on myspace when joining a different yorkie group. If you were to ask most people on here, they would tell you that when they bought their first one, they didn't know any better.
I think you are doing the right thing as far as telling everyone you know. I guess the next thing could be maybe to write something to your local newspaper (maybe a letter to the editor) maybe that way more people will see it. Maybe make a magnetic sign for your car, saying how to NOT buy puppies from pet stores and so on. Or you could make some flyers and have pics from the interent with the conditions of the puppy mills. There are several ideas that we can do as common people. We are lucky and live in a decent sized town where we don't have pet stores with dogs in em. But I still try and educate around my town so they don't go to the bigger cities and buy one of these pups, or direct from a puppy mill.
Hope some of this helps.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!