View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 05:07 PM   #1
Gracie2006
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default Is she eating enough?

Day one with Gracie and I am paranoid. She had a long and stressful day. I picked her up about 11:30 am and she had not eaten since 7 am. I gave her Nutrical then fed her when we got home about 2:00. The breeder has her on this mush of kibble (Timberwolf Organic) moistened with canned food (Pedigree puppy) and "puppy milk" which is a recipe of 1 can evaporated milk, 1 1/2 Tbs. Karo, 1 Tbs. vegetable oil and one egg yolk. I put maybe 1/8th of a cup if that in with the other stuff, then added some warm water. I also added a bit of Royal Canin puppy that I will be transitioning her to. Anyway, at 2:00 Gracie ate for about 5 minutes. I gave her a few licks of nutrical then she fell asleep. She might have had 2-3 tablespoons of food. We had a repeat of this at 4:30 or so. Then she went right back to sleep. I gave her Nutrical after the 4:30 feeding. Am I doing this right? Is she getting enough to eat? I asked the breeder how many times a day I need to feed her and she said that she just keeps food out all the time. I'm worried that she is sleeping so much. Is this normal given the day she has had? Is 2-3 tablespoons of food at a feeding normal for an 8 week old yorkie? What amount and how many times a day should I try to get her to eat? I tried to play with her but she really was more interested in sleeping. When she is awake she still seems kind of scared with her new surroundings, which I can certainly understand. She is drinking and peeing.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!