View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #8
topknot
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I do not think that Chris Mark Kennels shows or has any champions. If you want a show prospect - you probably should go to someone that shows and knows about showing. And you will pay more than 800. for a show prospect pup try- several thousands of dollars - usually around 3 thousand. This is because you are getting a high quality dog from excellent parents with excellent pedigrees and an older yorkie around 9 months is right, so you know what you are gettting. And yes, you will probably need to co-own, since the breeders just want to make sure you will show and know how to show. It is not so simple to say I want to show. You should go to handling classes to learn how to - or go to many shows and watch carefully. I still go to handling classes, because I always learn something new and it helps your dogs get use to being around other dogs in a ring/show atmosphere. I would look for a show person in your local area so that they can mentor you, if you are a novice. You will have a better chance this way and it is easier in the long run to avoid costly mistakes. You especially need someone that can help you grow a show coat, if you have never grown out a show coat before, it is not that easy.
Best of luck!
T.

Last edited by topknot; 08-05-2006 at 04:37 PM.
topknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!