View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 12:16 PM   #1
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Default A cute story about man's best friend...

This is a therapy dog. You can read more at the link below.

At this particular home (Maple Leaf), there were 2 floors, and we had specific rooms where we would visit. Apollo had run of the place, and knew "his" rooms. When visiting, he traveled from room to room with me in tow. This particular day, he bounced into a room on the 2nd floor, where his best friend Eva Moore lived.

Eva was 103 years old, and at 4'5" and she and Apollo were nose to nose when they visited, which was often, with lots of bed sharing, and secret telling. This was HYSTERICAL to see, and yes we have photos (see photo)! On this day when he walked into her room, she was nowhere to be found.
Apollo sniffed the bed, the floor, the night stand and the closet. He looked EVERYWHERE, but Eva just wasn't home. All of a sudden he sat down real hard and started this God-awful howling, not loud, but eerie and long...I tried to stop him, but he continued to whimper. About a minute into this, the floor nurse came running into the room. She sat on the bed and tears just ran down her cheeks. She said to Apollo, "It's OK boy, she knew you loved her, she's happier now". At which point, Apollo rested his head in her lap, and tears were really running from his eyes.

As saddened as I was by the loss of sweet Eva, I was even more overwhelmed by Apollo's reaction. Imagine, he knew she had died before I knew! Every time we visited that home, he still turned his head to enter her room, and then checked himself and went on. The new resident was a gentleman who didn't like dogs.

http://www.doglogic.com/Apollo2.htm
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!