View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 09:27 PM   #1
BonCoeur
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question From inside training to outside potty training

Hi everyone,
Poochie is nearing 5 months old. My lil babe is potty trained inside on Nature's Miracle puppy pads. He just got his last set of shots last week, so the vet gave us the "OK" to start going outside on walks. So, now I'm trying to get Pooch to do his business outside because I want him to stop going inside. I am walking him 3 times a day, morning, right after work, and before bed. So far, he just thinks they're little outings I guess. We walk and he is exploring his new world. Once we get home, he goes on the puppy pad! I've tried to "catch" him going on his pad inside and take him out immediately, but he doesn't go~...~

Has anyone ever successfully gotten their pups to transition? I know I read a lot about never getting them used to the inside in the first place, but the vet told me not to take him out under any circumstance (including grooming places until the last booster took place). I just wanna be a good dad~

Oh and does anyoen know around what age the chewing phase stops? My friend who has a Yorkie said their teeth will fall out or need to be pulled at some point, but I haven't read anywhere else that this is what will happen.
BonCoeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!