View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 02:27 AM   #6
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Great thread idea. One thing I was terrified about doing was making such a dumb statement that everyone would gang up on me. I'd seen that happen a couple times, and I was afraid of being ostracized because I really enjoyed YT.

Well, one day there was a sports trivia question going around that a couple women answered correctly. I felt dumb because it was a question about Michael Jordan that I should have known. I made a post that went something like, "I can't believe you girls knew it when I didn't."

Well, one woman, rightfully, answered back "YOU GIRLS? What does sex have to do about being able to answer a trivia question?" Or something like that.

I read her post while at work and was mortified. Someone was calling me out for being sexist. And she was right! But I was terribly busy at work and couldn't go back on and apologize. I had visions all night of everyone on YT agreeing with this person that I was a horrible male sexist pig who should be banned from YT forever.

I got off work at 1 a.m., raced home to my laptop and discovered no one else had caught my masculine faux paux. I apologized and, mercifully, was forgiven.

YT has been good for me. I've made a couple other sexist statements and been called out every time. I'm learning. All men should have the benefit of chatting with thousands of women on a forum. We might all grow up.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!