View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 07:11 PM   #1
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Cry Muffin went to Rainbow Bridge...

Muffin was born April 28, 1991. She passed away April 20, 2005. She was with us for such a long time and yet it is never long enough. We wanted to keep her with us forever. She was so loved...she is so missed. She went totally blind, you see, on April 8th. She woke me somehow. I woke at 1:00 a.m. and she was sitting there on the bed as though she was looking into my eyes and she reached down and kissed me. I knew after we got up that she couldn't see me, though. She was so lost and so scared. She paced the hallways for three and a half hours and was panting so hard because she was so afraid. She wouldn't let me hold her but for a short time. It was torture to make the decision to let her go, but it was also torture to watch her trying to find her way around, bumping into walls. She walked on her tip-toes, because she was afraid. She was no longer the happy little baby she'd always been, but seemed depressed. Looking out and sitting in the yard watching cars and people go by was her favorite pastime, along with going for walks and car rides.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven lies the Rainbow Bridge.

When a beloved pet dies, it goes to the Rainbow Bridge. It makes friends with other animals and frolics over rolling hills and peaceful, lush meadows of green.

Our pets do not thirst or hunger. The old and sick are made young once more; the maimed and the ill become healed and strong. They are as healthy and playful as we remember them in days gone by.

Though happy and content, they still miss someone very special, someone they had to leave behind.

Together, the animals chase and play, but the day comes when a pet will suddenly stop and look into the distance...bright eyes intent, eager body quivering. Suddenly recognizing you, your pet bounds quickly across the green fields and into your embrace. You celebrate in joyous reunion. You will never again separate. Happy tears and kisses are warm and plenty; your hands caress the face you missed. You look once more into the loving eyes of your pet and know you never really parted. You realize that though out of sight, your love had been remembered.

And now, you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

M.A. Preston
yorkieusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!