Thread: Bald Yorkie
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 02:15 PM   #6
Lacy's Mom
YT 3000 Club Member

This article is from the link I posted in my first response (you have to scroll down to CDA).

What does the puppy weigh? How old is the puppy? Anesthesia is always a risk and the smaller and younger they are the more I worry and especially if they are not in good health you run a risk of losing them. I, too, would want a diagnosis, but if the pup is acting fine and eating fine, I think I might want to hold off on any anesthesia, if he is under 6 months, or under 2 pounds. I would definitely exhaust all blood and urine tests available first and do the testing for CDA, if your vet feels that this could be the problem.

It sounds like he may also have retained testicles which will require opening him up to locate and remove them or he has a good chance of getting testicular cancer, but they usually wait until 6 months to do this procedure just in case they are just delayed in moving down to the scrotum. I would recommend doing the biopsy and this procedure at the same time so you only risk anesthesia once (if he is doing fine).

My prayers are with you, your family and your little guy. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Crystal
Lacy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!