View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 05:40 AM   #11
MyTrixie143
Mom to 6 Beautiful Furkids

Thanks everyone for the ideas!!! I haven't figured out what I am doing yet but when I do, I will be sure to tell you guys and post pictures. I like the box pillow idea, I have to keep that in mind, I was thinking of doing that and then putting lace on it?? So many options, so many things I can make, it makes it all the harder to decide what I am going to do. Oh and Peppi is 8 years old and chewing is not an issue at all, she was never a chewer!!!! Keep the ideas coming!! Thanks a bunch, you guys are great!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie
I got a bedframe that the pet store I sew for was going to throw out and it sat around here for a year or so before I finally decided to sew a mattress for it. I can't remember what this material is called, but you will see it in the pic. Maddie loved it and my sister's dog, Scarlett spent a few days here and she would cuddle up in it whenever she got a chance...when Maddie wasn't in it. I had to make one for Scarlett too. Since then, my daughter's little pups have been here and they also love it! Heck...I love it...the feel of it and so do my grandsons who made me promise to make them one. I just sewed it like a pillow...got some soft batting and then sewed the outside as a slipcover to make for easy washing. Here's some pics...not a great pic of Maddie as she was sick in bed at the time. The other is of darling little Scarlett. I made this to go in the bed frame, but it works just as well on the floor. I got the fabric at JoAnn's...regular $15 per yard, on sale for $5 per yard!
Connie, I love that bed. Where did you get the frame for it or do you know where I could get a frame like that, and would it support and be big enough for 26 pounds, that is how much my cocker weighs. I love that fabric too, it looks so soft and comfy, and I wish I could get it for only $5 a yard too!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!