View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 01:59 AM   #10
karmaistrue
YT Addict

I've had the my cats going on 3 yrs and I honestly love them, I'm just scared their going to take her eye out or something. I mean Ash clawed at her while I was sitting right there supervising them & Gia wasn't even paying any attention to him at the time, what if I wasn't there though? I could only imagine it would have been worst. And Gia seems not to understand when the cats start hissing at her, all she wants to do is play & you know how pups play (run, chase, bark) and my cats are very sensitive & don't want to play so when they start hissing at Gia, she starts barking. It's really crazy I knew it wasn't going to be love at first sight but I didn't know to this extent because once I found out I was getting Gia I got advice from my vet & the breeder on them adjusting & they both said the same thing. " That it would take time but they will learn to be the best of friends" Gia's breeder had cats so Gia is use to cats but my cats have never been around other animals I'll give them one more chance & buy the soft paws but if anything like this happens again i will have no choice I can't risk my puppy getting her eyes clawed out, or getting her ears torn. My sister in law in Virginia already said she would take the cats if it comes down to it. I would never get them declawed after the vet explained what the procedure actually did plus thy've had their claws all this time I wouldn't take them away from them now.
karmaistrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!