View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 06:33 PM   #9
3CrazyYorkies
YT 500 Club Member

I've attached a picture of Levi is his bed that I made him and also the directions for making it. It is taken from the shooters doghouse website.

How can I make a comfortable Cuddle Bed for my Yorkie?
Get 1 1/2 yards of 60 inch material. A little stretch to the fabric is ok, but not too much or your bed will take too much polyester stuffing and not stand right. I prefer a soft velour, or imitation suede.
You will need 4 bags of 20 oz stuffing and about one yard of 1/2 inch batting. This will make two cuddle beds. Cut two 15 by 16 inch ovals, or two 16 inch circles cut across the 60 inch material (folded over to 30") for a 16 inch rectangle.

Lay the 16 inch circle right side up and pin the folded rectangle selvages to the outside of the circle to the outside bottom of the circle, being careful to keep the gathering inside what will be your sewing line. Cut off excess part of the rectangle.
Place the other circle of material Right Side Down on top of the pinned rectangle and pin it together. Now sew the whole sandwich together leaving a 4 1/2 inch opening to turn it out. Turn it out. Sew the ends of the rectangle (which will be the sides of your bed) together.
Then insert a flat piece of batting cut to fit into the bottom of the bed and sew it "quilting and zig zag fashion."
Now just stuff the sides with Polyester Stuffing and then whip stitch the three pieces together, bottom two and one side of the side, and then blind stitch the top of the opening to the bottom of the bed.
Walla!!!!! It's great -- They love them! I always give one away with each puppy that leaves here. It really helps them to adjust and people wash them again and again and tell me that the kids really love their "favorite" bed!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LeviresizedJPG.JPG (157.1 KB, 12 views)
3CrazyYorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!