View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 02:11 PM   #3
Tiger's Mom
Donating YT 8000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar's Mummy
Ruthie has really settled in here it seems - she is SOOO different than Oscar was as a young puppy! It's so funny to watch them interact, stealing each other's bones (even when there's 4 bones laying around, they have to have what the other one has), playing tug of war with toys, etc.

My question is... when they're playing, how do I know if they're getting too rough? I know not to leave them to play unsupervised, but when I'm watching them they go NUTS. They're biting or 'mouthing' each other, chasing, wrestling... and I don't want either of them to get hurt, but I don't want to keep stopping them if they're having fun. I haven't heard any yelping or anything yet...

I don't know - what's normal playful behavior? How do I get them to settle down when things are getting a little nuts?
I think you instinctively know if one of them is trying to hurt the other . . . but it looks like they are just having so much fun . . . . somehoe the biting, mouthing, screaming, wrestling is part of how they play

My Annika is very vocal and I would always tell Tiger to "stop it" whenever she yelps . . . until I found out from my daughter she is such a drama queen. Tiger barely touches her and yet she wants to pretend she is hurting I finally got to witness it She sure can be devious.
Tiger's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!