View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 11:13 AM   #8
RLC12345678
I heart Hootie & Hobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittletigger
I just got off the phone with my grandma who has breast cancer and shingles(at the moment) and has had a heart attack, just recently had a mini heart attack(her second heart attack although this one wasn't as bad) , stroke and breast cancer yet agian when she was younger.

I told her I loved her and she started crying. I feel so bad when she crys cause I just want to be next to her holding her hand tellling her it's alright and that I'll always be there for her, but its so hard when you live almost a thousand miles away(literally, she lives in Las Vegas, NV). All I could do is sit there and tell her "no matter what happens grandma I'll always be your little girl. Please don't cry. I miss you." It's so hard to hear the ones you love cry and know there's nothing you can do but talk to them. My grandma is my life. she is one of the last three blood relatives I keep in contact with and I can't loose her. I know her time is coming but how do I deal with it?

I've lost my daddy, my moms been dead to me for fourteen years(she's alive I just choose not to talk to her; she was abusive), and my grandpa. and now Gods taking away her. How do I deal with this? Help.
I know it is SO hard. The only thing that I can tell you is this...your grandmother is sick now. Whenever it is her time to pass, try to remember that she will have a new body that is young and well. Maybe you can make a weekend trip to Las Vegas to visit with her. Just spend the whole weekend talking to her. Get her to tell you stories of her childhood. Share with her how you're feeling and see if she can offer any words of encouragement. Try not to dwell on her sickness, but try to spend time with her and celebrate her life. I think it would bring a lot of comfort to you if you visited with her.
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!