View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 08:02 AM   #5
Shanatink
Mommy to 3 Princesses
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTrixie143
Peppi, my cocker, is in need of a new bed, her last one was just ruined by another dog of the family. Soooo instead of buying her one, I am going to make her one.
The only problem is, she only likes those pillow beds, she donut like donut beds or any of those type of beds, just the ones that are just like big pillows. I think she only likes this kind because she is older and can't climb in and out of them??
Anyways I was going to pick up a mattress or foam for her and sew her a bed. But... those rectangle pillow beds are so plain and ordinary and just kinda boring. I want something fun or even something fancy but still in the same shape.
I am getting Trixie that adorable pink Queen bed and I really want Peppi to have something nice, definately girly, and possibly fancy oh and I thinking maybe some lace?? But it has to be a slip cover where it is washable and I can just slip it off the mattress when it needs washed.
Oh and something afordable, not too pricey. I sure do ask for alot don't I?? So does anybody have any ideas or have pictures of what I could possibly do?? I would soooo appreciate it, she deserves a bed, and if it were not for the fact that she only likes one style, I woulden't have a problem.

Here is a picture of the type of bed I am talking about. See how plain and ordinary it is?? I want something different, girly, more fancy than plan, not too fancy to where I can't afford it though!! Like I said I need ideas!!!

I have the SAME problem that you do. My boxer needs BIG beds which are usually extremely expensive which I wouldnt mind paying except chloe tends to sometimes potty on Pennys bed . I guess she is marking her territory and the only place she would ever do this is Penny's bed. So Ive made her a few beds. But the last and final think I did for a bed has been the best yet. I got a HUGE round papasan cushion from Garden ridge. Penny loves it and I got it in sale for $10 which is insane. And becasue its so durable, I just steam clean it and it cleans well. For some reason chloe doesnt even try to mark this bed. Maybe she grew out of that, but either way it has been the cheapest, most durable bed and Penny really enjoys it.

You could get a round papasan cushion and make the fleece covering to go around it to look like a cute bed that you want
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!