View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 08:42 PM   #5
Bama Yorkie Mom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJK1113
Wow! I think it's great that she is catching on so fast!!!

I was thinking of trying the bells too, how did you train yours?

Let's hope it continues, she sure sounds like a smart little girl!
Kizzy was scared of the bells for a long time. she wouldnt touch them. But, I started laying a cheerio on the top two and would have her raise up to get the cheerio the cheerio fell to the floor and as she came back down it would ring the bells. So after she was doing that for a while when I was standing there putting cheerios up, I suppose she thought there were cheerios there all the time and started going to ring them apparently thinking a cheerio would fall out so when I heard the bells ring I would run to the door and say outside tee tee and open the door, then after the potty was done I would brag about being a good girl and give her several cheerios as we came back up the steps and as soon as we came back in the door and she finally connected the bell ringing let someone know to let her out I guess. But thats how she got started doing it. I just couldnt believe it was gonna ever work when I would read everyones post about the bells. I surely never thought I could teach mine to do it. also I make her speak still before letting her out after the rings the bells as I want her to know both things work. well I dont always now because she will speak and ring them most of the time. so get ya some bells and become a believer. I did.
Bama Yorkie Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!