View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 03:34 PM   #9
Nikki+2
I heart Sugar
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip23
Alright, so it sounds like yorkies are just like people, some are more affectionate than others.
Very true but here's my experience,
My first yorkie, Gracie was the most spoiled and cuddled puppy ever. I dressed her is cute dresses and kept her in cute bows. We lived in Palm Beach County until she was 6 months old which is a very dog friendly place. She went just about everywhere with me. I talked to her constantly. SHe was really like my little baby. As an adult she is the most independent dog I've seen. She hates to be held, she hates to be dressed and I finally cut her topknot off because even though she will let me put her hair up, she plays so rough I can't keep a bow in. She is a very friendly dog, don't get me wrong, but very far from what I expected and truthfully she prefers my husband. I think its because he just plays with her and doesn't try to hold, cuddle or kiss her. Of course I love her none the less but...
Sugar is my little boy. He wants to be in my arms or lying by me at all times. He does not want me out of his site. He never refuses to cuddle, in fact he'd probably be happy if we cuddled all day long. When I talk to him he gets excited and acts like he's listening. He loves to wear shirts and leaves his bows in. We are completely in love with each other.

My mom had a girl who has passed but she was very much like my Gracie. She now has a boy who is Gracie's brother who is a little sweetie pie. My daughter has a boy who is also a sweetie pie.

So, for whatever its worth, that's my experience.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!