View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 12:53 PM   #12
Ponyup
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cribal
Well, my husband just went outside with me to look at them and he said something is wrong with them. Their probly about5 or 6 weeks old and the syes arn't just shut. There's a mucas that's making the eyes shut. One of the kittens is ok though... The owner said he was going to call Humane society to come and get them or we'll take the kittens to them if they want....

Thanks everyone
It is not uncommon for wild kittens to get what I call goobie eyes. Usually the goo will come off with a warm washcloth. It happens when they get eye infections or dirt in their eyes. I've never know it to cause blindness. However, gooby eyes can be an early sign of distemper if it's accompanied by snot around the nose & sneezing. If the distemper is advanced they will appear to be drunk when walking & they will die. However, if they just have a snotty nose & cough the distemper can be cleared up with a shot. If you handle the kittens make sure to wash your hands with antibacterial soap & water because distemper is very contagious.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!