View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 06:35 AM   #7
MyTrixie143
Mom to 6 Beautiful Furkids

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashajade
i said but shouldnt the breeder get back what they paid and she said no why should they no one made them breed the dog, so i guess a breeder shouldnt be compenstated as it was there choice is what she was saying.
I have to disagree with you. Breeders should get compenstated for all the money, time, and hard work they put into breeding and raising the puppies. If breeders did not get compenstated because they chose to breed, then yorkies and the breed standard would go down hill. Look at all those excellent breeders who have standard yorkies. Yes, it is their choice to breed but f they did not get anything for the puppies, then unless they were rich, they could not breed yorkies so they would not even get to choose whether or not to breed. So the excellent show breeders and hobby breeders would not be able to breed anymore. So if they are not breeding yorkies anymore then yorkies are going to be very hard to come by and you won't find what that will fit within the standard and would have yorkies that look less and less like yorkies. It really could never work.

Perhaps if you said unreputable breeders who are only in it for the money or breeders that did not raise healthy puppies should not get any money, after all how many of us have seen unhealthy yorkies sold at petstores or auctions, then I would have to agree with you.

Last edited by MyTrixie143; 08-01-2006 at 06:39 AM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!