View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 01:57 PM   #8
Figment713
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Our Chelsea is a 40# mixed breed terrier, who was 10 years old when I first got Maggie. It was love at first sight. (I must admit that when Chelsea first came to live here, there were already resident two small dogs. When Blarney and Chooch died within 3 months of one another, poor Chelsea was LOST). Chelsea was protective of Maggie from the start. (Once when I had the two of them out for a walk, we were attacked by a Rotty whose mother had just let him out of the house without a leash...third person attacked by that dog that month. The city made the parents put him down! Anyway, Chelsea absolutely put herself between the Rotty and Maggie and I. Chelsea took the worst of it, as the dog got her by the neck and started throwing her back and forth. I had to fall onto the Rotty and pry it's mouth open...crying hysterically all the while.)

Recently, we added Molly to the family. Very funny the first few days when Molly tried to interest Maggie in playing with her, and Chelsea kept getting between them and nosing Molly away from her. I'm not sure she believed the baby was going to hurt Maggie (2 pounds vs. 4 pounds). I think she just knew that Maggie wasn't interested, and, after all, Maggie IS her puppy!
Figment713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!