View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 01:18 AM   #3
MyTrixie143
Mom to 6 Beautiful Furkids

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoiesmom11
I've been told by a very reputable former show dog owner and groomer (been in the business for over 20 years) that you SHOULD brush your dogs out before you bathe them so the mats don't set in. She likened it to a wool sweater that shrinks. So, she didn't say to use sprays or special conditioners to brush them out with. She said that the people following that advice are people who are showing dogs and trying to preserve EACH and EVERY HAIR, and these are probably the long-haired yorkies I'm assuming. I know most of us aren't worried about keeping our dogs show dog ready, we just want them clean, pretty and untangled. I know that's how I feel. I just thought I'd share because she made me feel alot better about how to take care of Zoie without worrying I'm harming her coat.
Technically this would not be dry brushing, atleast not in my standards. You are still using a conditioner or other sprays which do wet the coat and prevents the hair from breaking. Dry brushing would be brushing dry hair using no conditioners, sprays, etc. IMO
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!