Thread: Hawks
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 11:44 AM   #30
spydergurl
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitches29
Spydergurl,
I hope nothing does happen. We live in the country too. I have two heelers--one blue and one red. I have never seen a dog that protects its master and property as these dogs do. However, they cannot control the skies. My red heeler runs and jumps at the crows to keep them out of the feeders. But, one day a large red tailed hawk swooped down and snatched a large bull frog from our pond while the dogs were there getting a drink. It happened so fast, the dogs didn't even get a chance to react.

Lucy,
I didn't mean to scare you. It's just that these little babies are so much like real babies it's almost scary. I haven't had a baby in the house for 36 years. I am probably spoiling Maggie rotten, but the look in her eyes just melts my heart. She really is a good baby. Sometimes she likes more attention than I can give at the time, but she will learn that sometimes she will need to play with her toys all by herself. We have a house potty training game now. When she does her business outside, she gets a treat when she comes back in. Never saw a dog that would PP every 15 minutes just to get that dang treat. I am using Natural Balance Dog Food Rolls, cut into tiny pieces about the size of pencil erasers. Use them for obedience training too. They work great.
Gosh...I didn't realize they'd do that with the dogs right there! I am flabbergasted now, for sure. I will have to do SOMETHING different! I don't exactly know what, either. What can we do? My husband always has a gun with him when we take our walks, in case of any predators, i.e. coyottes, badgers, rattlesnakes, etc. But if they swoop out od the sky like that, I just don't know if he could react that fast! We are always on the lookout, for the occasional car, too. So now we will have to search the skies, also! Thanks for telling me! Good luck to us all and may God watch out and protect our little ones.
spydergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!