View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 04:06 PM   #1
Kerri
Senior Yorkie Talker

Question Jasmine Pregnant? Maybe or Maybe Not

Jasmine, my 7 year old yorkie, was bred the week of June 4 - 9. Her first due date is Aug. 6. She had a false pregnancy the first go round in Jan. of this year. I really haven't gotten my hopes up this time.
But, she seems to be following the same timeline she did before...her private is very swolen, she has put on about two pounds and her nipples are swolen as well. I can even see the colostrum in four of the nipples. The only difference is that she has a "dried blood band" around her private...near the skin...not at the actual delivery section. This did not happen before. She does not seem to be in pain either. She is begging for attention as always.
Jasmine came to my chair earlier like she wanted me to pick her up so I did and she laid on her back as if she was telling me to "look".
I called the stud breeder (who breeds females as well) and she said that seemed like a positive sign...maybe she is getting near since she is due next week.
Many of you are going to ask if she has been to the vet. and the answer is "no". My vet. charges $80 for an x-ray alone and an additional $35 office visit fee. Yes, Jasmine is worth that and plus so much more but I went through this false pregnacy ordeal before. I'm thinking this might be happening again. The only difference is the "dried blood band around her private...next to the skin". It has me puzzled.
She acts fine and is as sweet as ever.
I was just wondering if any other breeders had seen this "blood band".
Kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!