Thread: C-Section
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 11:52 AM   #11
YorkieRose
No Longer a Member

Default section

I can help mom whelp a litter with my eyes closed and one hand behind my back..BUT do you know how I started out? I sat outside the bathroom door while my husband did it...so do not apologize.

Long about the 3rd litter I decided I needed to get my act together...it is not unusal for the first pup, of the first litter to take a bit of time..and a few are born dead..then the others are usually okay and pass just fine.
You had a bit of a panic and next time you will be better...your vet know doubt wanted a good result for you..I do think it would have been best to wait and see in the office if she could have finished whelping herself..but it could have been a busy day or near closing time..or like I said..the vet wanted the best chance for the rest of the litter to be alive.

If you decide to try again..why not spend some time talking with the breeders on Yorkie forums and learn to relax..perhaps, there are some near you to help you through a whelping until you get your sea legs....good luck with you litter...
YorkieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!