Thread: C-Section
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 07:47 PM   #8
YorkiesRfavorit
Yorkie Yakker

Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkiesRfavorit
My yorkie had puppies last Tues. everyone is well however she needed a C-section. She is a great mother. This was her first litter and she got scared when it came time to push. Should I not breed her again?

Well this was my first, our first time having puppies and i think it was my fault she needed the c-section. when she went to push i saw the puppy sac start to come out and i gasped for air. i was about 2 feet away from her (sitting on the floor in front of her) and i scared her. she stoped pushing, and i no longer saw the sac so i figured maybe i didnt see what i thought i saw. i called the vet anyway and told him what i had done. he told me to leave her alone. so i did for about 5 minutes then i went to check on her. she stoped panting and was just laying down trying to sleep. i went to rub her belly like i always did and i noticed something kind of egg-shaped at her pee hole and part of a sac stretching the area. then i ran back to the phone and called the vet. he told me to come in. he gave her a shot to start the labor again. anyway to make a long story short she had the puppy with out the c-section but he didnt make it. i was told she could have the other puppies without the c-section but they have a better chance of living if she had the c-section. my female and male yorkies are both about 5.5lbs. please dont bash me for how i dealt with the situation i feel alot of guilt......(I especially feel awful about the puppy that didnt make it)
YorkiesRfavorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!