View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 08:31 PM   #2
Raiza
Senior Yorkie Talker

oh I just found this info:

http://members.aol.com/CYorkie/PuppyTeeth.html

These are 2 paragraphs for those that are interested:
When I see double canines, I give them a chance to come all the way in. If the puppy canines do not loosen than I pull. Some canines come in at the exact spot of the puppy canines. Most adult canines come in next to the puppy canines. The ones you need to watch are the adult canines that come in either behind or in front of the puppy canines. If the adult canines don’t come in quickly, it is most important to get the puppy canines pulled right awasy. Otherwise, the adult canines will grow either too far forward or too far behind.

One of my Yorkie’s puppy canines was pulled at 6 months, because the adult canines were coming in behind. I did not have my vet pull any incisors, because I wasn’t positvie if they were puppy or adult teeth and there was only one set. At 11 months there was double incisors on each side of the lower canines which had to be pulled and at 13 months there was double incisors on each side of the upper canines that had to be pulled. This was very unusual but demonstrates that you need to watch the mouth.

Seems that I am still on time. Any one with this same experience. Did they get better. This teaches me to be more careful with her teeth.

-R
Raiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!