View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 08:01 PM   #2
Baby Blessing
Our Blessings R Many
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyxboo
Hi everyone! My yorkie just had her first heat, I think. Her vulva is swollen and I see traces of blood there. What exactly happens? Does she start dripping everywhere? Is what I see just the beginning? Do I need to do anything for her? Where do I get these puppy pads?

I have no clue about this, and I am so lost. I didn't think it would happen so soon. Now that it did, I don't know how to deal with it. I want her to be okay. I was just putting her down to give her a belly rub and noticed this.

Please, anybody out there who has a female yorkie or knows anything about this, could you please share your thoughts and give me any advice about what to do.

I'm so nervous that I want to call the vet but it's late right now. Anyways, thanks!

Also, am I supposed to spay her now? I've read different things here about spaying your dog. Pros are that it reduces risk in getting cancer. Cons is that she might get fat. Could someone share your thoughts about spaying? I would like to hear both sides before making a decision.

So much decisions, one thing I thought about is that in nature, dogs dont go to vets and get spayed or neutered. Is this disrupting a dog's natural balance by putting them on the surgical table?

I only want the best for my precious one.

thanks everyone for your input...

Hi, how old is your yorkie? Baby Blessing is now in her first season. Do you sew, I made the seasonal panty for her it has the little hole for the tail, and it has the little tabs on the sides which velcroes onto the top side with the little tabs, someone was so kind to send me the pattern on the net, I think I still have it bookmarked would you like it? I also noticed one of the local pet shops sell the panties and their around fifteen dollars, but I preferred the pattern one cause the other in the store has the plastic to put a pad in and I felt that would be too hot and sweaty. I made the insert with cloth and just put in the little pad, wash the panties by hand, nice to have at least four of them. She doesn't mind wearing hers at all and I put little lace onto the top and fancied the others and they are real cute. I wipe her clean several times a day so she is more comfy. I also have a little rubber warm water bottle that I lay in her bed and we find she likes laying her tummy onto it. I always did this with Cassie too. If you want the pattern please just let me know.
Patti and Baby Blessing
Baby Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!