View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 07:36 PM   #1
snoopyxboo
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Dumdum's First Heat

Hi everyone! My yorkie just had her first heat, I think. Her vulva is swollen and I see traces of blood there. What exactly happens? Does she start dripping everywhere? Is what I see just the beginning? Do I need to do anything for her? Where do I get these puppy pads?

I have no clue about this, and I am so lost. I didn't think it would happen so soon. Now that it did, I don't know how to deal with it. I want her to be okay. I was just putting her down to give her a belly rub and noticed this.

Please, anybody out there who has a female yorkie or knows anything about this, could you please share your thoughts and give me any advice about what to do.

I'm so nervous that I want to call the vet but it's late right now. Anyways, thanks!

Also, am I supposed to spay her now? I've read different things here about spaying your dog. Pros are that it reduces risk in getting cancer. Cons is that she might get fat. Could someone share your thoughts about spaying? I would like to hear both sides before making a decision.

So much decisions, one thing I thought about is that in nature, dogs dont go to vets and get spayed or neutered. Is this disrupting a dog's natural balance by putting them on the surgical table?

I only want the best for my precious one.

thanks everyone for your input...

snoopyxboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!