View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 07:08 PM   #30
JessicaB
Yorkie Yakker

Shade Updates

Well, it's been a LONG time since I updated so here goes! Bailey just turned 6 months not too long ago. She has been doing great. Spunky as ever! She just lost her baby teeth. So far she knows "sit" and "lay down" and we are excited about that.

I took her on a canoeing trip this month and she just loved that. It was the first time she had been near a large body of water. She walked right up to the water and kept on going! Walked right into the water, swam around for a few minutes, and came back like it was nothing! Then she wanted to jump out of the canoe and into the river the whole time. Haha! Good thing I had her little vest on!

She is a little daredevil too! She jumped out of my car window twice while I was trying to go through the drive up teller at the bank! Gave me a heart attack! She just went right over my lap and jumped! Thank goodness there were no other cars and she didn't actually go anywhere when she got out. She didn't hurt herself so that was a relief. I have to keep a close eye on her now! Now I have to roll the window down just long enough to get my stuff from the teller and then roll it right back up! Haha! Or keep her vest on and strapped to the seat. Silly dog!

I think she sleep walks. She has woke me up three times now just racing around the bed and jumping on my head in a total panic in the middle of the night... in total darkness! I turn the light on and she is just panicked like something is after her. You know, looking all around as if expecting to see something scary. It really freaked me out the first time! Thought there was someone in the house or something! So I have to leave the light on and cuddle her until she calms down. Then she goes right back to sleep.

She loves veggies and fruit. Also ice chips. She thinks she is really getting a treat when she gets some ice chips!

Now lets talk about her "nesting". She will nest and nest for hours until she is panting and exhausted! Just scratching and circling and panting. It is a pretty funny sight honestly.

And then when she gets a treat and she wants to hide it somewhere, it will take hours of running around the house franticly until she is content that it is safe. She will wimper and cry as if her life is at stake. Then as soon as she thinks she's happy with her hiding place, she decides it's not ok and starts all over again! I swear she must have OCD! Haha!

So that about sums it up for now. I will add some more pictures for ya!
Attached Thumbnails
My new baby girl, Bailey!-aax.sized.jpg   My new baby girl, Bailey!-aaz.sized.jpg   My new baby girl, Bailey!-img_2087.jpg   My new baby girl, Bailey!-img_2095.jpg  
JessicaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!