View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 06:39 AM   #1
jfunkey
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Feeling Hopeless

I need help! I have two 5 month old yorkies. They are brothers and best friends. Their names are Parker and Duke. For the past month, Duke has been so progressive in his potty training I dare to say that he has got it down. I don't even have to keep an eye on him anymore, he always uses his potty cage (They are indoor trained). However, over the past month, Parker has gotten progressively worse in his potty training
So much that as of this past week, he won't use it at all. He has begun peeing on my bed alot, not just at night but during our play time in the afternoons too. He also has a problem with going to the bathroom in his crate during the day while I am at work, which he has done since the day I brought him home. Duke NEVER goes potty in his crate, not EVER. Parker is pooping and peeing all over my bedroom. He used to use his potty cage 80% of the time, but now he refuses to use it. In fact, everytime he had an accident I would pick him up and put him in his potty cage. Now he pees or poops wherever he wants and then walks into his potty cage on his own and lays down. This is another problem. Whenever I try to manually put him in the cage and tell him to go potty, he lays down. This is getting gross because sometimes he does this right after his brother has peed or pooped in there and he lays right in it! I feel like I have tried everything. I have tried praising, gently scolding and praising, potty spray, and timing his potty trips. I even tried a trick someone told me about wrapping a wash cloth around his waist, I was told that he will hate peeing on himself, and will learn to hold it until I take him to his potty cage. Well, he seems to love it. He pees on the washcloth almost immediately after i wrap it on him, and now he smells like pee all the time. I have been reading these forums for a week and there is nothing I have read that I haven't tried. Does anyone have any ideas for me? I feel so helpless right now. I just want to be a good mom, and teach him the right ways. It is not okay for him to pee all over my apartment. Please help!!!
jfunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!