View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 12:23 PM   #15
Baby Blessing
Our Blessings R Many
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutu28
If youre a server..minimum wage is $2.13 because the tips are part of your wage. Some people (those who run the "to go" at places ike chilis) work at minimum wage because the tips they get are extra..they are not relying on just tips for their wages..
Hmmmm, I don't think it is that way here in Calif. gonna ask about that. Hubby just said he thought minimum wage is a Federal law and in his opinion their not abiding by it. This is not right and if the other girls are servers then why are they making minimum wage and she isn't? I worked in Angola, Indiana back when hubby went to college there and got paid .50 cents and hour I worked by myself and did everything, cooked, served, did dishes. Closed at the end of the day and then had all the cleaning to do. I definately would hope that things would be greatly different in these times. Being the age of 16 doesn't make any difference, one at that age can be just as productive and an asset to a business as anyone older can. Sorry that there are owners of business's that are such cheap skates (HUBBY JUST SAID THAT) so I had to add his comment they haven't come a long way from their salary to only be paying $2.13 an hour, that is disgraceful. Not everyone is tippers and if they don't get enough tips then they aren't even making a minimum wage, and then to have to share the tips above $20.00 with others. To have to share her tips with the others that are making the min. wage just is down right not right. This is my opinion as well as my hubbies. Missy's daughter is an exceptional young lady to even consider taking a job under those circumstances and to not be paid more than that shows that she definately wants to work. I hope the owner of the business will realize that and pay her the fair wage as the others are getting.
Baby Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!