View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 11:54 AM   #8
Baby Blessing
Our Blessings R Many
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougetthesmiles
Ok, I need to vent!! My daughter (16) is a car hop (waitress) for a rootbeer stand, it's just a summer job, something so she can earn some money for the summer. She makes $2.15 a hour plus she gets tips, when she started she was told she is to keep the 1st $20 then she has to split the rest. The other girls make min wage so my question is why should she have to split her tips with the others that make more money then her? Even if she makes $20 a night the girls are still taking her tips, like last night she said she made about $20 the whole night and the girl gave her $11 and took $9 from her. I got mad at my daughter cause I told her she is letting them take advantage of her, she wont say anything to them cause she is scared to, my daughter is not a out spoken person, so how can I get it across to her that this is not right of them. I told her she should talk to the owner but she wont. I want to call them myself but I think this is her job and she should handle it.
What would you all do??? Please I'm at my wits end with this, it has been going on all summer.
Hmmmmm, I always thought that everyone had to be paid a minimum wage, I think this is wrong. Why is your daughter not making the minimum wage and the others are? Patti
Baby Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!