View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 09:10 AM   #1
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Microchip question.....

Riley was chipped when he had his teeth cleaned so he was under, Jo isn't chipped yet but I want to get him done. The issue holding me back is they say they chip them with nothing to numb the spot and all the dogs they've done have been fine. I'm a little concerned though...Jo is so small and that chip/needle is so big. My husband just noticed how large the chip is in Riley and he said there's no way they're chipping Jo while he's awake! Should I wait until he goes in for a teeth cleaning and have it done then or will they numb the spot if I request it?
Also, there's a tag that comes with the chip that's supposed to go on their collar but I don't leave collars on them, they wear a harness when we walk and that's it. If they have to be tagged too then what's the point of the chip? For those of you who don't use collars but have yours chipped did you leave collars on your babies after that or just rely on the chip? I feel a bit safer with them chipped but my husband seems to think I'd never get the boys back if they disappeared anyway but I'd like to think there might be an honest person or two left out there today.
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!