View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 08:05 AM   #8
TamTam
Yorkie Yakker

Ooh, I just thought of another question! I'm taking a few days off work when we first get him, but after that he'll be in a fenced area in the house - about 5'x6' - the breeder recommended having an area for him to move about, potty, and have his crate in it so he can crawl in and out to lay down. She said he would need his downtime, and it was actually a good thing that we'd be away at work (?). I was a little concerned at first, but I think he'll be okay provided he can run and potty in the area. In a couple of weeks my boyfriend's brother is moving in with us and he'll be around more during the day so Teddy can have company and walks.

My question is about sleeping arrangements - should Teddy be left in the area downstairs with the crate door open so he can crawl out and potty? Or would it be better for him to be crated (crate door shut) in my bedroom upstairs where I can get up and take him to the pee pad every few hours? I'm a deep sleeper - will he whine when he needs to go? Would it be cruel to have him sleep apart from us?

I'm interested in your opinions! Thank you!
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!