View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 09:29 AM   #10
MyTrixie143
Mom to 6 Beautiful Furkids

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose
As a groomer I have treated dozens of Yorkies with this problem..it takes longer then a week to cure. Once the black gunk is removed, keep the ears cleaned daily and in a few weeks hair should return...keeping the ears warm is important as posted, so in the summer months it is good to get outside..in the winter, make sure they are cover with a knit cap if they go out.

Listerine works well to clean them...and I never put anythign on the ear after it was clean expcept a non OIL product..that is what caused the problem in the beginning..
I have a question?? Is there such thing as a yorkie that has no hair on the ear, like a leather ear and it is just normal?? When I worked at Petco as a groomer, this woman came in and her yorkies had no hair at all on their ears and I asked her about it and she said she breeds yorkies and said there were two types of ears with yorkies, one that has all hair on it like we all have on our yorkies and another type that has no hair at all on the ear. She said it was natural and not a result of any health problem, they were just born that way and I believe she called them leather ears. The dog looked ugly with no hair on its ears and I just could not believe what she said. Was she lying or is there such a thing and is it still called leather ear?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!