View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 08:18 AM   #1
Sadie's Mom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default I'm Sooooooo Mad!!!!

Sorry guys...have to vent.

I've got ants in my apartment. They're in the bathrkoom and in the kitchen. More so in the bathroom. That's where I normally keep Sadie. So I've been keeping her in the kitchen because there's only been a few in there & she stays on the other side of the room anyway so it's ok.

Pest control comes by at my apartment complex on Wednesdays. Last Wed, I put Sadie in her crate so that they could spray. Anyway, it didn't do any good, so I requested that they come again this week. Well, when I got home yesterday, they had come yesterday!!!! I wasn't expecting them because they NEVER come on any day other than Wednesday. Well, I had requested that they put down the gel instead of spraying for ants because this is what had to be done last year to get rid of them (another long story). So they did it all over the bathroom. That's fine because Sadie was in the kitchen. I was walking out of the kitchen last night and stepped on some that was in the kitchen floor!!! Then I found some of the gel in the kitchen sink! I am sooooooooooo mad that they went in there with that crap with my baby in there. The part that was on the floor was right where she stands when she hears me come in the door, so she could have stepped on some. I immediately washed her feet just in case. She was acting ok, so I don't think she got into any of it, but I'm still so mad that they even exposed her to it.

Also, I cleaned my carpets this weekend and they got some of that gel on the carpet too! It's sticky and gross. Not to mention the fact that I have an alarm system that they have to deactivate when they go in. The did not reactivate it when they left. And they left a couple of lights on. One thing my dad always preached to us as kids was when you leave a room, turn the light off. It stuck with me & I NEVER leave lights on unneccessarily. Especially when I'm not there. It really does save money. Now, it's been so hot here, everyone's electric bills are way high anyway, so this is not helping. It might sound crazy, but that's how I am.

I expect my apartment to be as I left it in the morning. I can't tell you what went through my mind when I opened my door when I got home & found that my alarm wasn't on & there were some lights on.

I'm going by there this afternoon to talk to the manager. What makes me the maddest is that they came on a different day without notifying me so that I could do something different with Sadie and then they exposed her to that.

Sorry for the long post...had to get it off my chest.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!